Messing It All Up

I ramble, rant, and remember. And then I write some of it down here.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Freebie 5


Okay, revelation time. This may come as a life-changing and shocking turn of events but.. I seriously love my husband. We're out of that 'Street Car Named Desire' stage (where everyone is panty-tearing and yelling all the time).. and we're into that comfy 'life partner' stage (where he's not allowed to tear the good panties and the yelling is mainly at the dogs).

Anyway, I don't hide things about myself from him anymore (like my arm fat or financial peccadilloes) and I am comfortable letting him oggle busty women on TV(seriously, have you seen Kristina Hendricks on Mad Men?) or go to strip clubs with his buddies without getting jealous or threatened.

So, during a quasi-drunken round table discussion at our house - one of our friends inquired about my list of  "Freebies". This being the list of persons that I am allowed to sleep with outside of marriage should the opportunity ever arise.  For all of our free-thinking, trust-laden relationship having selves.. how had we not had this conversation? Everyone there agreed we needed to have this list established (just in case the moment came, and we were ill prepared)...

Names of sexy individuals were bandied about. Johnny Depp, Kim Kardashian (I vetoed that one), Brad Pitt, Scarlett Johansen, etc. The end game had us all laughing, without coming to a consensus about my Men-on-the-side, or his bimbo list.

So today, I was painting the walls in our living room and watching the new "Red Riding Hood" movie. The actor who played Peter was dead sexay. I caught myself thinking "oh yah, he would definitely make the list." Ah-ha! And so my list was started. Instead of continuing to paint (or finishing the movie - which was terrible), I decided to sit down and make my list...

But how many men can I list? What should be the criteria? Does it have to be current man-candy, or can I fictionalize a rendezvous between me and a Cool Hand Luke-aged Paul Newman? There must be parameters.
Well, first off... there obviously have to be multiple lists. What if I wanted a little lesbian action? I need a girl list! What about my Paul Newman in the mud fantasy? Obviously I will need a "Sexy old Man" list. And I will definitely need a list for those off-the-wall quirky guys that catch your eye, (usually in indie films.) And of course, a list just for sex appeal.
As with most things I begin, the task has taken on a whole new dimension. So begins my serious of "Freebie" blogs. (much to the delight of my husband I'm sure)..
So, for your oggling pleasure... here is the "Serious Sex Appeal" List.


#1. Adam Levine


(I've also decided that this particular list requires no justification like perhaps future list-members will. These gentlemen should speak for themselves.)

#2. Michael Fassbender


#3. Jared Leto


#4. Jeremy Renner


#5. Joseph Gordon Levitt


Okay, universe. There it is.

No comments: